Lauren N. Leffler
- Family Law
- Separation and Divorce
- Custody & Visitation
- Adoption and Guardianship
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Child Support
- Collaborative Practice
Principal and Attorney
Lauren N. Leffler
Prior to joining the firm, Lauren worked for several law firms throughout Maryland handling trusts and estates matters. In addition to her legal experience, Lauren served several U.S. Government agencies including The White House, U.S. Department of State, and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. This experience allows Lauren to lend a unique perspective to handling her client’s complex issues.
Lauren works with her clients to facilitate long-lasting resolutions for families in crisis. This includes individuals who are contemplating marriage, separation, or divorce, as well as those who seek modifications in their child support, alimony, or other collateral obligations. While the goal is to resolve complex issues without going to court, in some cases that is simply not possible and in those cases, Lauren advocates zealously for her clients’ interests in court.
In working with clients to prepare or review their estate plans, Lauren works with closely with clients to plan for a potential future incapacity and death. This often includes utilizing various estate planning instruments to achieve the clients’ objectives, including a last will and testament, trust agreement, durable powers of attorney, and an advance medical directive. Lauren’s comprehensive approach to estate planning contemplates the individual needs of her clients, including any death tax implications their estate may have, the need to preserve and manage assets for future generations, and ensure the overall dispositive goals are reached. Lauren also assists families with special needs children who may need to set up specific trust mechanisms to protect that child’s inheritance while maximizing the availability of public benefits.
During the probate process, Lauren represents clients in various roles, including Personal Representatives, beneficiaries, and creditors. Lauren’s combines her compassion for helping families through their darkest days with her skills in resolving inter-familial disputes to help minimize potential conflicts that could arise during the estate administration process. Lauren has assisted many individuals throughout the state of Maryland to help finalize their loved one’s final affairs.
For families who are struggling with a loved one who is no longer able to manage their own affairs, Lauren provides legal advice and representation in the guardianship process. Lauren draws on her experience and skills to demonstrate the need for a guardianship, and provides her clients the personal attention they need to help them through this process.
Lauren resides in Ellicott City with her husband, daughter, three step-children, and two dogs. When not helping clients, she enjoys painting, traveling, and yoga.
- Maryland Super Lawyers, 2017 – 2023
- Super Lawyers – Rising Stars
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- J.D. – 2013
- Honors: cum laude
- Washington College, Chestertown, MD, USA
- B.A. – 2006
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: International Studies
- Maryland, 2013
- Estate Planning: The Ultimate Guide, Which Overall Estate Plan Fits Best, the National Business Institute, Baltimore, Maryland , 2019 to 2019
- Estate Planning for Parents and Parents-To-Be, Greenberries, 2014 to 2017
- Money Power Day, Plan For and Protect Your Legacy Panel, 2016 to 2017
- Family Law Clinic at the Circuit Court for Howard County, Maryland, 2019 to Present
- Maryland Law Day, 2014 to 2016
- Wills for Heroes, 2014 to 2016
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, Member (2022 to Present)
- Brain Injury Association of Maryland, Board Member (2021 to Present)
- Howard County Estate Planning Council, Board Member (2016 to 2023), Member (2015 to Present)
- Howard County Collaborative Professionals, President (2019 to 2021), Member (2016 to Present)
- Howard County Bar Association, Member (2014 to Present)
- James Macgill Inns of Court, Member (2018 to Present)
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member (2014 to Present)
- Women’s Bar Association Howard County Chapter, Member (2014-Present), Board Member (2022-Present), Vice President (2023-Present)
- Women’s Bar Association, Member, Member (2014 to Present)