Lauren is a partner at Oliver Leffler Law, and in addition to handling family law matters, Lauren focuses on estate planning, probate, estate administration, and estates and trusts dispute resolution and litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Lauren worked for several law firms throughout Maryland handling trusts and estates matters. In addition to her legal experience, Lauren served several U.S. Government agencies including The White House, U.S. Department of State, and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. This experience allows Lauren to lend a unique perspective to handling her client's complex issues.
Lauren advises clients to achieve their estate planning goals. She also educates her clients on the various estate planning tools and contingencies to ensure that the estate plan being created best serves the needs of the client. Lauren represents clients who serve as beneficiaries or Personal Representatives of estate and/or trust administrations. Lauren also advices and assists clients in the probate and estate administration process.
Lauren utilizes her skills as a collaboratively trained attorney and as a mediator to work towards amicable resolutions for disputes arising in an estate, trust, divorce, or custody context. When an amicable resolution is not possible, Lauren works hard to protect her clients interests in court.
- Maryland, 2013
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- J.D. - 2013
- Washington College, Chestertown, MD, USA
- B.A. - 2006
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: International Studies
- Estate Planning for Parents and Parents-To-Be, Greenberries, 2014 to 2017
- Money Power Day, Plan For and Protect Your Legacy Panel, 2016 to 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Howard County Estate Planning Council, Board Member, 2015 to Present
- Howard County Collaborative Professionals, Board Member, 2016 to Present
- Howard County Bar Association, Member, 2014 to Present
- Women's Bar Association, Member, 2014 to Present
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member, 2014 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- JM Blattner, LLC, Attorney, 2014 to 2015
- Council, Baradel, Kosmerl, and Nolan, P.C., Law Clerk, 2013 to 2014
Pro Bono Activities
- Maryland Law Day, 2014 to Present
- Wills for Heroes, 2014 to Present